Advice on housing

As is true in the rest of France, it isn’t always easy to find a place to stay in Lyon. Remember to begin your search a few months before the school year starts. Many students start looking in July, as soon as they have their examination results. The beginning of September is another busy period for trying to find lodgings.
Who can help you? What about financial assistance for housing?

A few tips

Budget: The most important search criteria are lodgings that suit your budget and your lifestyle (dorm room, apartment, joint tenancy, low-rent housing, a room in someone’s home, etc.). When you install yourself, you will have to pay substantial fees. Make sure you have enough for the rental deposit and charges. Remember that financial assistance is not allocated immediately. Count on a delay of about two months before receiving this assistance once it has been granted.

Transportation: Travel time between the university and your place of residence is another important criterion. Take the time to explore communities near Lyon because rental rates are lower there and the TCL lines provide a good connection to the city.

To help you become installed

The Espace Multiservices Etudiants
Pay attention to Swindles : this post indicates you the traps to be avoided.
(student services center)welcomes new students to Lyon and helps with residence cards, housing, transportation and cultural activities from September 6 to October 15; 25 rue Jaboulay, 69007 Lyon. click here

The CROUS manages university residences and also lists offers for lodgings in the city. You can consult this list on Internet for one euro annually. Open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To obtain lodgings in a CROUS residence, submit your application well in advance, during the pre-registration period (January to April).

The local committee for independent lodgings for young adults (CLLAJ) provides free files and models to download, including those for lease, deposit, inventory and notification documents
The regional information center for young adults (CRIJ) posts lodgings offers throughout the year.

OSE Housing features a private ad service for a €25 membership fee.

To learn your rights and obligations and those of the owner : contact ADIL (the departmental agency for information and housing) for free advice. 9 rue Vauban, 69006 Lyon. Tel. 04 78 52 84 84.
Consultation by appointment only, Monday to Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Are you a victim of housing discrimination? Call 114, a toll-free number available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

1 2 3 Suivant »